Would you like to work for a company that encourages creativity and innovation? Are you an engineer who also has a passion for the arts? Then Glendo is the company for you! Glendo is seeking an experienced design engineer to develop new tools for the jewelry and engraving arts industries. As an engineer at Glendo, you won’t be stuck behind a desk all day; you’ll get to work hands-on building and testing your designs. You’ll have the opportunity to interact with our customers and learn from their perspective. And you’ll have the autonomy to make design decisions without all the red tape that comes with large organizations. At Glendo, we value people and relationships before profit, and we strive to maintain a friendly, positive work environment.
Since 1977, Glendo has led the industry in tools designed for the jewelry and engraving arts, as well as equipment for industrial and business use. Glendo also offers engraving classes in their state-of-the-art training center, taught by master artisans. People from all over the world have come to associate Glendo with innovative products, high-quality manufacturing, and a dedicated workforce.
- Create conceptual and detailed designs which meet customer requirements for functionality, durability, and cost.
- Specify materials, tolerances and standard components for optimal product performance.
- Create 3D CAD models and manufacturing drawings according to industry standards.
- Build and test prototype designs.
- Lead engineering projects, manage project schedules and budgets, report project status to engineering management.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced engineering team members.
- Continually develop understanding of market and customer requirements.
- Investigate and resolve product issues.
- Communicate with other company departments and suppliers.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering from a 4-year accredited institution
- 5+ years’ experience in design, manufacturing, or related field with a track record of success
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Understanding of pneumatic systems
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Experience with 3D CAD software, product lifecycle management systems, and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Self-starter who takes ownership of projects
- Desire to learn and mentor others
- 10+ years’ industry experience
- Experience with CNC machining
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS
- The location for this position is Emporia, KS. Remote work is not available.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Glendo is not currently hiring applicants who will require visa sponsorship.
- This position may require some travel to trade shows and customer sites.
- Benefits include 401k with company match, profit sharing, health/dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, FSA, life insurance, disability insurance
Glendo is an EEO and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment physical and drug screening required.
Qualified applicants should email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Or mail to:
ATTN: HR Manager
900 Overlander Road
Emporia, KS 66801
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering from a 4-year accredited institution.
5+ years’ experience in design, manufacturing, or related field with a track record of success