Glendo LLC (www.grs.com) is the world’s premier manufacturer of GRS tools for the jewelry and art markets. We are looking for a motivated technophile to oversee our Information Systems and help us utilize technology to improve our competitive advantage and realize our company goals. From the back office to the GRS Training Center (www.grstc.com) and trade show floors, technology plays a significant role in the culture, efficiency, and customer relationships Glendo enjoys. You’ll have the autonomy and sense-of-ownership to make a positive and meaningful impact. Located in Emporia KS between Topeka and Wichita and 1.5 hours from Kansas City, Glendo is a small company with a global presence and substantial growth potential. This position includes upward mobility and the opportunity to directly influence the company’s success.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re a technically competent, self-motivated problem solver looking to apply yourself at an exciting growth company in a small-town environment. You are skilled at administering databases, servers, and managing multiple projects at once. You are honest, fair, and trustworthy and capable of working in and leading cross-functional teams to positive results. If you like to solve problems, collaborate with cross-disciplinary groups, and enjoy the freedom and personal rewards gained from creative thinking – we’re looking for you.
What you’ll do:
Administer databases & servers
Software & hardware procurement
Electronic security implementation & oversight
• Database concepts and experience implementing them in a production environment. Experience interfacing front end programs with back end database(s).
• The ability to create SQL statements and other means of manipulating data on a mass scale.
• A broad array of server setup and maintenance knowledge and experience is necessary including Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy Objects, and backup and recovery strategies.
• Intimate knowledge of networking concepts including network protocols, protocol layers, and topologies.
• Experience troubleshooting and resolving network issues across all network layers.
• Experience running, securing, and troubleshooting a cloud hosted or on-premise email server and related services such as smart hosts, archiving, and spam filtering.
• Strong command over programming concepts is much more important than experience with any particular language.
• Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning software. In particular, how a manufacturing company utilizes such software for purchasing, manufacturing, inventory control, shipping/receiving, and financials.